Saturday, July 30, 2011

Zack's Life

Hi, haven't written in a while so thought I'd check in and tell you what's going on with me. I am dipping banana chips in peanut butter. Then I am going to sip some blue Gatorade. That is all.

Just kidding :) We went out to the clubs in downtown Sydney last night, so it's a lazy day today. Heading out to Bondi Beach when Aubree wakes up, and we have a full weekend plan that we'll blog about later. At some point in the weekend, I will probably eat Hungry Jack fries and a chocolate milkshake as has become my custom in Sydney as of late.

I've started a new project where I'll be working in Sydney for the first part then Melbourne with some travel to Sydney here and there later on. I have to wear a tie to work, and often a suit. If you know me well, you'll know how this must make me feel (i.e. stupid, oppressed, etc.), but at least I was able to find some swanky ties that look kind of cool. I require top secret clearance for this government project, so they are probably spying on you now if I've listed you as a reference.  They may have even hacked into my account and are writing this blog to cover up the fact that I am now locked away in my cube.

I've been putting in long hours during the early part of the project, hoping it pays off and will make the rest of the project easier. In the meantime, Aubree is a saint for putting up with me during this transition period.

When I'm not working, I've been doing a lot of cycling. Did you notice that an Australian won the Tour de France this year for the first time ever? No, it was not me. But I am training for a 210km bike race called "Around the Bay in a Day" in Melbourne. I don't know the exact mileage equivalent, but the distance is insane and will take 8-10 hours. Not to worry, I have my psuedo-coach Heath and his wife to help make sure I cross the finish line one way or another.

The ocean's gotten a bit too cold, so I haven't been surfing much in Melbourne, though I get to go today in Sydney where the water temp is warmer. Hopefully, I won't guest star on Bondi Rescue.

We've met lots of good friends here, mostly thanks to Aubree as people like her better, but they've helped us to have a full social life when we're not busy with other things. And thanks to Aubree for helping to keep up the blog. Its counter says we've had over 4,600 visitors on the page so far, and I've enjoyed reading every post.

Now I need both hands back so I can finish my banana chips and Gatorade, then head to the beach for a surf. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Nice to hear from you Zack. 4649 visitors to this blog is amazing - people must find the two of you interesting! Or is it just the government spies checking up on you? Take care of yourself and Aubree.

    ReplyDelete