Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I Entertain Photographers!

This has nothing to do with Australia, but there's not much else going on this week. I'm quite sure most of you dealing with the now-turning-chilly weather back in the States don't want to hear about me enjoying an afternoon spent reading a book in my bathing suit on the beach across the street in Monday's 80 degree weather. So I'll write about something else! 

When I'm in a running race and I see the photographers snapping away so that they can sell their shots later online, I know I will never buy them, so I entertain myself (and the photographers) by doing ridiculous things for the camera. I leap in the air, stick out my tongue, wave my arms and legs, do a "Newsies jump" (Google that if you don't know what it is!), get really close to the lens, etc. The photographers are always excited to have something interesting to focus on rather than boring runner after runner, so they often laugh and take extra pictures of me. Zack has a cool feature on his computer where he can copy the pictures from the website and we don't have to pay for them, so I thought I'd share a few choice ones with my lovely readers.  Enjoy! 

5 comments:

  1. The people running behind you are probably wondering what is going on. You are not just entertaining the photographers, but other runners as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is beautiful. you've never looked better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should strike a pose; vogue. Maybe walk like an egyptian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aubree,
    It took some time but I wrote down your message, letter by letter, from the left side of your blog. I thought I would win a prize at the end but no such luck. Instead, I was given the opportunity to enjoy viewing some rather unusual pictures with painful face expressions. Interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weird-I didn't realized it posted all weird-it should be fixed now. It didn't show up on my version that way! Good idea for a future post/game though.

    ReplyDelete