Thursday, July 19, 2012

Catch-up Post: Kata Tjuta



























You may remember that back in November, my sister Morgan stayed for a few extra days after my family left, and we took a short trip to Uluru and the Outback. I finally got around to posting about Uluru here, but I never posted about the rest of our trip. Well, now that Zack and I are away on vacation, it's a good time to finally get to these posts.


To refresh your memory, it rained A LOT while we were there, but we didn't let that stop us from visiting the places on our itinerary and doing the hikes we had planned. So on our second day, we headed out to Kata Tjuta (also known as the Olgas) and did the Valley of the Winds walk. It's a 7.4km circuit that goes in among the dome-shaped rocks. Even though the trail was covered in water, the domes were topped by fog, and we were wet and kind of cold, it was still a beautiful place and we had a good time. I think we also did the Walpa Gorge walk before leaving the park, which was just a short hike alongside a stream. 



Because it was several months ago, I don't remember the exact order of things, but I know we saw a few dingos run across the road on one of our drives. I wasn't quick enough to capture them on camera. But I did catch this cow! There were a few of them that crossed the road in front of us one time; then they took off running in the dirt, and one head butted the other in the rear. I think this is the one that got rammed right after it happened! Stay tuned for my next post about our awesome hike in Kings Canyon...

No comments:

Post a Comment